4-H SMALL ANIMAL SHOW
Superintendent—Marcia Lyon 573-489-4635
Poultry show-Tues, June 21, 5:00 p.m.
Rabbit show–Tues, June 21, 7:00pm
Check in; Poultry 4:30-5:00, Rabbits-6:30-7:00
Sale Friday, June 24, 6:00p.m.
All Rabbits/Poultry must be pre-registered. Registration form must be returned to the Howard County Extension Center by May 12, 2022. Forms are available at hocomofair.com
- Exhibitor must be SMQA Certified.
- Exhibitor must care for their animal. All exhibitors must feed and water their stock the entire duration of the fair and be responsible for their stock.
- Minimum weight for rabbits to sell in fair sale is 4 lbs. – Chicken –3 lbs-but not over 7 lbs., Ducks-7 lbs-minimum and less than 120 days of age and geese 10 lbs. Minimum and born after Feb. 1, 2022.
- To show Rabbits at the State Fair all specimens must be permanently tattooed. Be sure the markings are plain enough to be easily read.
- Only rabbits that are entered in the show are allowed in the show room.
- Exhibitors must comply with general rules and regulations and animal health regulation for exhibition.
- Non-Standard Rabbit Class Any breed not listed in the ARBA Standard of Perfection.
- Bedding will be shavings or bring your own false floor. NO STRAW IS ALLOWED.
- Any diseased or sick animal will be dismissed from show.
- Bedding must be kept clean and sanitary at all times.
- The greatest care will be taken of all animals, but the management will not be responsible for any accident, mistake, loss or damage, regardless of cause.
- Rabbit show will follow guidelines as set up by Missouri State Fair and the ARBA.
- Each exhibitor will be limited to two entries in each class. Different colors are considered separate entries.
- Poultry exhibits will be judged in accordance with the American Poultry Association Standard of Perfection.
- Crossbred Poultry entered as a market pen.
- Poultry Tri exhibits must be different birds from single exhibits.
- Champion Small Animals will stay from Wednesday till the end of premium sale. There will be a place designated for them and pens available. Livestock Committee and Fair Board are not responsible for accidents or deaths.
- Champion Eggs will sell at the sale. They count as one of the two items each individual can sell.
- Class 14 Sr. Buck (male more than 8 months of age)
- Class 15 Sr. Doe (female more than 8 months of age)
- Class 16 Intermediate buck (Male 6-8 months of age)
- Class 17 Intermediate doe (female 6-8 months of age)
- Class 18 Jr. Buck (male less than 6 months of age)
- Class 19 Jr. Doe (female less than 6 months of age)
- Class 20 Meat pen/Market (3 rabbit of same breed and/or variety up to 70 days of age and not over 5 lbs. Each in weight.)
- Class 21 Rosters (meat rabbits 5 lbs. and over)
- Class 22 White normal Class 23 Colored Normal
- Class 24 Chinchilla (all varieties) Class 25 Rex
- Class 26 White Satin Class 27 Colored Satin Class 28 Angora
- Class 29 Jr. Showmanship (13 and under)
- Class 30 Sr. Showmanship (14 and over)
- Class 1 Cockerel (less than 1 year)
- Class 2 Pullet (less than 1 year)
- Class 3 Cock
- Class 4 Hen
- Class 5 Trio (same breed) 1 cock & 2 hens or 1 cockerel & 2 pullets
Large Chickens Only
- Class 6 Market Fryer Pen (3 chickens-13 weeks of age or less, weighing no more than 5 lbs. each)
- Class 7 Market Roaster Pen (3 chickens-13 weeks of age or less, weighing between 5 & 7 lbs.)
- Class 1b Cockerel Class
- 2b Pullet Class 3b Cock
- Class 4b Hen
- Class 5b Trio (same breed) 1 cock & 2 hens or 1 cockerel and 2 pullets
- Class 1d Duck male (less than 1 year old)
- Class 2d Duck female (less than 1 year old)
- Class 3d Duck male (over 1 year old)
- Class 4d Duck female (over 1 year old)
- Class 5d Trio (1 male and 2 females)
- Class 6d Market duck (pekin, Muscovy, Rouen, or Ayles- bury only) 7 lbs. min. and less than 120 days old
- Class 1g Goose male (under 1 year old)
- Class 2g Goose female (under 1 year of age)
- Class 3g Goose male (over 1 year of age)
- Class 4g Goose female (over 1 year of age)
- Class 5g Trio (1 male & 2 females)
- Class 6g Market goose 10 lbs., min. & born after 2-1-22.
- Class 8 – Jr. Showmanship
- Class 9 – Sr. Showmanship