4-H and FFA Horseshow 2023
Howard County 4-H/FFA Horse Show
Tuesday, June 20, 2023 @ 7:00 pm
Contact: For more information, contact Carrie Innes (660) 888-8018 or Paige Kircher (660) 888-3119
Horses must show current coggins papers at time of registration. IF YOU DON’T HAVE COGGINS YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE.
Helmets MUST be worn in timed events for 4-H/FFA members.
General Rules and Regulations
Please read these rules and discuss them with your project leader and your parents. The rules will be enforced.
- These rules govern all events and participants of the Howard County 4-H/FFA Horse Show. In the absence of a specific rule, state fair rules will apply.
- All entries are made with the distinct understanding that in no event will fair officials, or any individual or group of individuals connected with the fair be responsible for loss from any causes which might occur as a result of the fair. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS.
- Exhibitors must provide a current (within one year) Coggins test result form for each horse exhibited.
- Exhibitors must be a member, in good standing, of a Howard County 4-H or FFA Chapter. 4-H exhibitors must have at- tended at least 6 (six) club meetings and at least 50% of Horse project meetings available. A Project Horse Enrollment Form should be on file at the Howard County Extension Office by May 01, 2022. Members are to keep a copy of this form in their possession. Each 4-H member is to provide proof of eligibility in the form of an updated Project Horse Enrollment Form with the appropriate signatures of your club leader and project leader.
- Exhibitor may only show one horse per class.
- A project horse may be shown by more than one family member as long as that horse is enrolled as a project horse for each member.
- Exhibitors must own or lease all horses they are showing beginning no later than May 1 of current year. Horses, which are not owned by the 4-H member(s), must have a lease agreement on file (on the back of the Project Horse Enrollment form.)
- Horses shall not receive professional training, showing or handling after May 1 of current year.
- No use of illegal and/or performance altering drugs, mechanical devices or artificial appliances or inhumane treatment of animals will be permitted.
- Saddles, with appropriate stirrups are required for all classes unless otherwise stated.
- Locked rowel, sharp points or sharp-edged spurs are prohibited.
- All tack must be neat, clean & in good repair.
- ASTM-SEI Equestrian approved helmets are required for the speed events.
- 1st year members only
- Junior (13 and under as of 1/1/2023)
- Senior (14 and over as of 1/1/2023)
- Walk Trot
- 1st year members only
- Trail Class
- Baton Race (1 pt. participation only)
- Sack Race (1 pt. participation only)
- Ride-a-Buck (1 pt. participation only)
- Costume Class (1 pt participation only)
High Point Jr. and Sr. are determined by a point system:
- 1 point for each class participated in plus…
- 1st place – 5 points
- 2nd place – 4 points
- 3rd place – 3 points
- 4th place – 2 points
- 5th place – 1 point