4-H/FFA Swine Show
Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 9:00 a.m.
Weigh-in: 7:00 pm, Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Sale: Friday, June 24, 6:00 p.m.
Each member may sell one market hog at the sale.
- Hogs must be owned by May 1st.
- 2022 initial pig weigh-in was April 12, 2022
- Exhibitor must be SMQA certified.
- All hogs must be pre-registered. Registration forms must be returned to the Howard County Extension Office by MAY 12, 2022.
- Exhibitor’s help is expected in setting up the barn. Set-up is Thursday, June 16th.
- Exhibitor is responsible for grooming and care of his/her animal.
- All exhibits must be in place by 8:00 am, Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
- An individual may show two market hogs, but only one may sell at the fair sale. The highest placing animal shall sell.
- Minimum rate of gain for hogs is 1 pound per day to be eligible for champion classes as well as the premium sale.
- Hogs must be born between Dec. 1, 2021 and Feb. 15, 2022.
- All swine will be stalled by 4-H/FFA club that exhibitor is a member of.
- The swine superintendent will require all swine exhibitors to drive their hog at some point during the fair, prior to showing. If they don’t exhibit the ability to drive their hog unassisted, they cannot participate in the show/sale.
- Each exhibitor will get one pen. If a second is needed they will be assessed a $10 charge. They must specify at enrollment and send payment with enrollment.
- Hog exhibitors may specify if they would like to stall in the middle isle, with the expectation that their pig is trained to drive and the exhibitor will provide mats and bedding.
- Hog pens will be designated with a lottery system from east to west in the barn by organization, Thursday, June 18. Following the initial year of this process organizations will be rotated.
- Class 38 Light Weight Hogs
- Class 39 Medium Weight Hogs
- Class 40 Heavy Weight Hogs
- Class 41 Champion Market Hog
- Class 42 Reserve Champion Market Hog
- Class 43 Jr. Showmanship (13 and under)
- Class 44. Sr. Showmanship (14 and over)
Little Kid Open Hog Show
- Less than 8 years old as of January 1, 2022
- Class 1 Limited to 5 hogs
- Class 2 Limited to 5 hogs
Open Hog Show Entry Form 2022