4-H/FFA Sheep Show
Thursday, June 23, 2022, 9:00 a.m.
Weigh-in– Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Sale—Friday, June 24, 2022 6:00 p.m.
Each member may sell one market lamb at the sale.
- Sheep must be born by September 1, 2021 and owned by May 1, 2022.
- Initial Market lamb weigh-in was in April.
- Registration forms must be returned to the Howard County Extension Office by MAY 12, 2022 Forms can be found online at hocomofair.com
- All exhibitors must be SMQA Certified.
- All exhibits must have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (health certificate) to be eligible to show. The health certificate must have been written within 30 days of exhibition. All sheep must be identified either by ear tag, electronic implant or tattoo.
- Exhibitors help is expected in setting up the barn. Set-up is on Thursday, June 16, 2022.
- All exhibits must be in place by 8:00 am on Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
- Exhibitor must groom and care for their animal.
- An individual may show two market sheep, but only one will be allowed to enter the sale. The highest placing animal will sell.
- Sheep must weigh a minimum of 50 pounds to show or sell. Minimum rate of gain for a lamb to sell at the fair is 0.25 pounds per day.
- All sheep must be stalled by 4-H/FFA club of which exhibitor is a member.
- Eligibility of miniature sheep breeds will be deter- mined by the livestock committee.
- Class 43 Ram Lamb born after Jan. 1, 2022
- Class 44 Fall Ram Lamb born between September 1-December 1, 2021
- Class 45 Champion Ram
- Class 46 Reserve Champion Ram
- Class 47 Ewe Lamb born after Jan. 1, 2022
- Class 48 Fall Ewe Lamb born between September 1-December 31, 2021
- Class 49 Champion Ewe
- Class 50 Reserve Champion Ewe
Market Lambs- Wool Class
- Class 51 Light Weight Market Lambs
- Class 52 Medium Weight Market Lambs
- Class 53 Heavy Weight Market Lambs
- Class 54 Champion Market Lamb
- Class 55 Reserve Champion Market Lamb
Market Lambs – Hair and Wool Class
- Class 56 Champion Rate of Gain
- Class 57 Reserve Champion Rate of Gain
- Class 58 Champion Home Raised
- Class 59 Reserve Champion Home Raised
Market Lambs- Hair Class
- Class 60 Light Weight Market Lambs
- Class 62 Medium Weight Market Lambs
- Class 63 Heavy Weight Market Lambs
- Class 64 Champion Market Lamb
- Class 65 Reserve Champion Market Lamb
- Class 70 Jr. Showmanship (13 & under) Class 71 Sr. Showmanship (14 & over)