4-H/FFA Goat Show
Superintendent— Nick and Julie Monnig
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 @ 9:00 a.m.
Goats to follow Sheep Showmanship
Premium Sale—Friday, June 24, [email protected]:00p.m.
- Goats must be owned by April 30, 2022, born after July 1, 2021 and still have milk teeth in place to be eligible for both the market goat show as well as the Howard County Premium Sale.
- Market Goat weigh-in was April 13, 2022 at Howard County Fairgrounds. All market goats must weigh-in. If you are unable to make this date, then exhibitor must make prior arrangements to have market animal (s) weighed between April 6-April 20, 2022. Exhibitor will be responsible for vet costs.
- All goats must be pre-registered. Registration Forms must be returned to the Howard County Extension Center by MAY 12, 2022. Forms are available at the extension office or from your club leader.
- All 4-H exhibitors must be Show Me Quality Assurance Certified.
- All exhibits must have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (health certificate) to be eligible to show. This health certificate must have been written within 30 days of exhibition. All goats must also be identified either by ear tag, electronic implant or tattoo.
- Exhibitors help is expected in setting up the barn. Set-up on Monday , June 20, 2022.
- All exhibits must be in place by 6:00 pm Tuesday, June 21, 2022
- Exhibitor must groom and care for their animal.
- Market goats may be of any meat breed or cross- bred. Castrated males (wethers) or females may be shown in the market classes. No billies will be allowed. If a nanny is shown in a market class, it is then disqualified from current and future breeding class at the Howard County Fair.
- An individual may show two market goats but only one will be allowed to be listed in the Howard County Fair Premium Sale. The heaviest qualifying market animal will be the individual chosen to be listed in the premium sale unless the show clerk is notified immediately after the show.
- Market goats, class 50, must meet a minimum rate of gain of a 0.15 pounds per day and weigh a minimum of 40 lbs. in order to be eligible for any champion classes as well as the Howard County Premium Sale.
- Eligibility of miniature goat breeds will be determined by a special committee made up of members of the Howard County Livestock.
- Home Raised Market Goat classes 55 & 56 shall meet the same requirements of class 50 Market Goat. In addition, Class 55 & 56 must qualify as originating at birth from a herd that is owned by one of the following: exhibitor, exhibitor’s parents, siblings, or grandparents. Exhibitor will be expected to have direct and frequent access to market animal from birth through exhibition at the Howard County Fair.
- Goats qualifying as Home Raised must be identified as such at weigh in. Failure to do so will disqualify them from home raised classification at the Howard County Goat Show and Premium Sale.
- Upon completion of the Howard County Premium Sale the exhibitor will maintain ownership of their goat. If a sale bidder (s) are interested in purchasing a market goat then that transaction will be solely between the exhibitor and the potential buyer. The Howard County Fair will in no way be a part of this transaction.
- Class 50 Market goat
- Class 51 Champion market goat
- Class 52 Reserve Champion market goat
- Class 53 Champion Rate of Gain
- Class 54 Reserve Champion Rate of Gain
- Class 55 Champion Home Raised Market Goat
- Class 56 Res. Champion Home Raised Market Goat Breeding Billy (Meat Type)
- Class 59 Billy born after November 1, 2021
- Class 60 Billy born prior to November 1, 2021
- Class 61 Champion breeding Billy
- Class 62 Reserve Champion breeding Billy
Breeding Nannies (Meat Type)
- Class 63 Doe born after November 1, 2021
- Class 64 Doe born prior to November 1, 2021
- Class 65 Champion breeding doe
- Class 66 Reserve Champion breeding doe
Breeding Nannies (Dairy Type)
- Class 67 Doe born after November 1, 2021
- Class 68 Doe born prior to November 1, 2021
- Class 69 Champion breeding doe
- Class 70 Reserve Champion breeding doe
- Class 71 Jr. Showmanship (13 & under)
- Class 72 Sr. Showmanship (14 & over)